Orlandini Studios was begun by Matthew Orlandini, who began apprenticing for a local plasterer in Milwaukee in 1918.
A fine craftsman in the middle of a bustling city and a growing industry, he started his own business- Orlandini Studios Limited Decorative Plaster Supply Co.- in 1936.
Julian Orlandini, often just called Jules by those who knew him, was Matthews' son and carried on the business set in place by his father.
Jules himself re-built the two storey studio and apartment that currently houses the family business in 1964, after construction on the freeway took precedence over the continued existence of his father's original studio. The rebuild included his workshop, the plaster studio and office on the main floor, and his living quarters upstairs.
Drafting table, moulding samples and
tools of the trade
Eugene Orlandini, 2008
The Tradition Continues
Eugene Orlandini, Jules' nephew, inherited the family passion for ornamental plaster. With the loving support of his wife Shelly he carries on the tradition started long ago by Matthew.
The plaster studio, aka The Shop